Executive Assistant to the Music Director (based in London Office)
The Oxford Philharmonic Orchestra, one of the UK’s leading orchestras and Orchestra in Residence at the University of Oxford, seeks an Executive Assistant to support and work closely with the Music Director.
The role will focus mainly on booking and contracting Oxford Philharmonic orchestral players for performances and recordings as directed by the MD, according to MU and the orchestra’s own regulations.
Other duties will include effective and proactive administrative support including business trip and travel arrangements, communication and correspondence, diary and information management. In addition, the role might require providing support towards the MD’s fundraising work.
Due to the nature of the role flexible working hours are required, including attendance at rehearsals and concerts.
The successful candidate will be given intense training in using the Orchestra’s database systems.
You will need to:
· have excellent IT skills including a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and experience using databases
· have at least twelve months’ experience in a relevant and related area of the classical music business
· demonstrate that you have excellent organisational skills, with the ability to manage and prioritise a large number of varied tasks with multiple deadlines
· be quick, efficient and able to work calmly under pressure
· have respect of confidentiality/ability to deal thoughtfully and professionally with delicate situations
· possess excellent written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills to liaise with professional musicians
· possess strong attention to detail
· have a good knowledge of and active interest in classical music, preferably with a music degree
The role will be based in our North London office. Salary: £20,000-£25,000 according to experience